I encourage all parents and couples embarking on the pregnancy journey to have a pre-pregnancy or a ‘pre-conception’ appointment.
The appointment’s goal is to ultimately reduce the risk of future pregnancy loss and other complications.
This appointment is valuable for:
- General question and answers
- Identifying and managing high-risk medical conditions with a multi-disciplinary team
- Determining how past surgeries (e.g. cervix or uterine surgery) could affect future pregnancies
- Medication safety review
- Discussing family history and any available genetic screening
- Vitamin and dietary optimisation
- Immunity screening and top-up vaccinations